Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Is It My Imagination?

Or does her leg look much less swollen today? When I unwrapped her bandage I said, "wow!!" But sometimes I wonder if I'm just imagining things... or praying too hard!

Here is her leg yesterday...


And here is her leg today...


Is it all in my head? Sometimes it's hard to get good pictures of her leg since it's white, but I think it looks better today! It looks like more of a localized swelling instead of a whole leg swelling...

Something else I might call the vet about is the amount of heat in Lilly's leg. I've been picking out her feet every day and when I pick the bad leg, it is HOT. Like the whole leg... from her knee all the way down into her hoof. Her good leg is cold... very cold. Now I know her leg is wrapped and it'll keep it warmer, but should her hoof be warm too? I'm paranoid about anything else going wrong. The heat isn't new, and her leg has always been warm since the incident, but it seemed extra warm today.

Look at this lovely picture of my precious AJ... Here he is promptly after eating his cookie. :)

4 comments:

  1. Definitely less swollen! YAY!

    I don't know anything about heat, but I hope it's just increased blood flow as her leg heals... but ask the vet, not me! Love AJ's droopy lip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it! I'm going to call the vet in the morning and ask her just to make sure. I'm terrified of laminitis.

    I think that's AJ's tongue you're seeing. :) He sticks it out and sucks on it after he gets cookies or treats. He's an odd duck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at AJs tongue! Thats hilarious, what a cute boy!

    And I also def see less swelling, good! Let us know what the vet says about the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the bump is less swollen. As for the heat, I would call the vet cause heat usually indicates something is wrong, but I really don't know much about it.

    ReplyDelete