Saturday, November 21, 2009

JCHSS Trophies

Here they are! Here are the trophies Lilly won for me at the last JCHSS show. Aren't they festive?


I went to the show grounds today to get the trophies and hang out for a while before dragging myself to work. You see a lot more when you don't have a horse there with you! I watched Dressage Suitability classes and all the riding classes, and of course the showmanship. *sigh* Oh the showmanship. Lilly and I will be back in there one day... one day soon, hopefully.

Just look at this face! Doesn't it scream "I wanna do showmanship!" ?


One of my very good friends also came to the show today to observe. She has 2 really nice show horses, one that she herself shows and one that is green broke but has lots of halter experience. She has very kindly offered me the use of her halter horse turned western pleasure horse (soon to be showmanship horse!) for next year's show season. I was originally hoping that Lilly and I would be able to make it to some of the shows, but I just don't think she's going to be ready for quite some time, and I don't want to push her. At all. So I think I might take her up on her very generous offer and take Beau to some of the shows next year. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful and thoughtful people in my life!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the trophies! And it sounds like next season's plans are starting to come together - that's a good friend to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wins! It's always nice to watch the show sometimes without all the pressure of showing yourself.
    Good friend you have there allowing you get your feet in the showmanship class without pushing your own horse too much. The experience will be better for training Lily too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH HOW PRETTY! Where are you going to pu them??

    And how fun that your friend is going to let you show her horse!! Too fun! Is it at paint or QH? Is she at the same barn as you? We need pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I'm so proud of my girl! I don't know where I'm going to put them. Right now they're sitting on my kitchen bar.

    I can't remember if Beau is QH or Paint... I'm fairly certain he's QH but remember talking to my friend about Paint points. That may have been us talking about Lilly, though. He lives at her place, so I'll have to drive down there to work with him.

    Beau is a handsome boy, for sure! I haven't seen him in a year or two, but I'll grab some pictures of him when I find some time to go visit. :)

    ReplyDelete