Monday, December 21, 2009

A Day Late

I had a great time in Michigan. It wasn't the same without being there on Christmas, but I enjoyed seeing my family and it was a lot of fun. There was snow, but not too much, which was fine with me. Trying to get back to North Carolina proved to be a challenge, though! It's usually Michigan weather I have to worry about, but not this time. How lucky I was to be trying to drive during one of the biggest snow storms to be seen in a long time! Instead of a 12 hour drive, I ended up embarking on a 23 hour adventure. One of the interstates was shut down so I had to travel about 10 hours out of my way to get around the storm, only to find out my alternate route was also shut down. I went through Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia (twice), Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and then finally North Carolina. I finally made it home yesterday morning.

It was a pretty drive, though:

I didn't get out to the barn until today. Luckily, my horse-sitter took care of Lilly for me yesterday so I could get some sleep before going to work.

Lilly is doing well... she has a new buddy in the stall behind her instead of the pony and mini donkey. I'm not sure what that's all about, but I hope she doesn't become attached. If he leaves to be ridden I don't want her freaking out. I'll have to see what his deal is. Maybe he's on stall rest too...

Tomorrow is the ultrasound! Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you drove home in that stuff!! We got about 18-24 inches, hard to tell due to the snow drifts, to say the least, I stayed in the house all weekend. Didn't get to see Woody, but the house is clean! Glad to hear that you got home safely though.

    ReplyDelete