Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hand Walking Day 1

Hand Walking Day: 1
Walking time: 5 minutes

Lilly is handling this whole experience really well. I know I keep saying that, but I just can't believe how she is behaving. She's comfortable in the stall, she stays calm, and after being in the stall for 51 days, I bring her out to go for a walk and she just plods along on a loose lead rope.

The barn where she's boarded is at the end of a dead end road, and part of the road goes through the property. So there is a nice flat surface for me to use to walk her. No worries about her slipping and no grass distractions either. :)

I do think she was a bit lame today. Perhaps it's just because she's on the hard pavement and therefore the lameness is more noticeable, or perhaps it's from the trotting she did yesterday on the longe line for the vet. I'm not sure, but she seemed a little off on her left leg.

My poor pony...

No comments:

Post a Comment