Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Every year at Christmas I wish I had a cute Santa hat to put on Lilly... then I could take cute, but embarrassing, pictures of her all dressed up. I still haven't bought one of those hats yet, though. Next year? :)

Today for Christmas we got rain... lots of rain. So I didn't walk Lilly, but we did walk yesterday. I think she really enjoys it. She looks all around and takes it all in. I think she's remembering the good old days when she got to be outside.

Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!!!

    I'm glad to see that she's allowed to start hand walking! Keep your chin up, you're doing EVERYthing possible and Lilly is being such a good girl. Remember when she was a straight firecracker under saddle??

    I love looking back to your old posts and seeing how far you two have come! She'll be back to work before you know it. ;)

    Did you guys ever have an idea of how she got the injury, or is it just labeled as a 'pasture-injury'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, DIJ. :)

    She really has come a long way. It's funny to see some of the stuff I used to write about her... and now, she's just a happier horse. Even when I'm not riding. I just keep praying she comes back around to 100%.

    It has just been labeled a pasture injury. I'm guessing she was running around out there and stopped too fast, or stepped in a hole. Her tendons were already scarred from her previous surgery, so they aren't as flexible and stretchy as they should be. So something she did just stretched it too far.

    So once she's healed, I'm going to be terrified of re-injury. Boots for riding will be a must, but I'll be worried about her in the pasture too.

    One thing at a time, I guess.

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete