Saturday, August 28, 2010

Almost There!

Lilly's leg looks SO good today... The cold hosing really loosened up the scabs and I was able to get a bunch of them off. Once her leg was dry, they curled up and I was able to get even more off. I think after tomorrow, her skin just might be scab free! :)

Because a couple of the scabs were still "wet", I wrapped her leg again to keep the flies off her leg, but today was her last day for meds and I think tomorrow I'll leave her leg unwrapped. I never dreamed this would all heal so quickly, so to say I'm thrilled would be an understatement. :)

She enjoyed being outside for about an hour today, but then she walked herself back into her stall, got a drink, looked out into the aisle and went back to stand under her fan. Someone is getting used to being SPOILED and is in for a rude awakening on the first when she goes back out on pasture board! She was cracking me up!

I've been taking pictures with my new camera, but I obviously know nothing about how to use it because none of them really turned out. They're all washed out and the colors aren't very vivid... I need to keep reading my book.

I got this one of AJ that I thought was pretty cute, though, and turned out ok.

Because I'm an evil person, I was teasing the goats with cookies to try and get them to stick their noses through the fence. I was trying to practice using my manual focus. Isn't he cute, in a STUPID GOAT kind of way?

AND, while I was down there, I saw the goat chewing on AJ's tail!!! Photographic proof of at least one goat snacking on tail hair.

I missed a really good picture of him chewing on AJ's tail because I was so irritated by the amount of tail he put in his mouth that I yelled and stomped for him to knock it off!

I left a note and sent an email to the BO since they're still in AJ's pasture and still chewing on his tail.

At least Lilly is doing better. That makes me so happy. :)

3 comments:

  1. Bad goat! Bad!
    Lilly's leg looks awesome. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad her leg is improving so fast! I had an awful week - I was following Lily's leg drama, but I just didn't have time to post.

    Wicked goat! I hope Billy never decides her tail is edible :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Terry! It looked so awful before, I just can't believe how quickly it is healing!

    Oh Funder, don't you worry. Miss Lilly will NEVER be pastured with those goats. AJ's missing tail has made that a guarantee! And thank you! I hope next week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete