Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Better!

Lilly is about 50% better today. She's still quite lame, but she can put weight on her hoof and isn't hobbling around nearly as much. Making progress!

Here's her abscess area after I soaked her hoof.

You can see the blowout hole and the area that is still filled with fluid. It's still tender to the touch, but she's much more tolerant of me messing with her hoof today.

After all the treatment was done, I took her outside to get some more pictures of her wearing the halter. I contacted the place I bought it from this morning to see about exchanging it and maybe trying a horse size instead, or just looking for something without moons. They requested I send some photos to help them see what I was talking about and perhaps assist me with fitting it better on her head or suggesting something different.

I met the boarder that has the gorgeous black and white overo Paint that's stalled next to Lilly. She's super nice and definitely a high maintenance show horse lady. :) We talked about showing (or lack thereof) and she seemed excited that I show Lilly, so I'm hoping we can get together for some shows. It's always more fun when you have another person to show with and to keep you motivated. She thinks she's going to take Baby to the Paint show next month so I might rethink my plans and take Lilly to that one as well.

I haven't been able to ride very much lately and Lilly won't have her shoe back on until Monday. That only gives me 3 days to get her ready for the Paint show. Who knows what will be going on with my halter too... it would be nice to have it for the Paint show.

We didn't get to talk too much because the BO came by to talk with her about why he left her very black mare in the sun until 11:00am today, so I felt the need to walk away and give them some privacy. LOL Hopefully I'll catch her at the barn again soon.

She did mention that the goats were put in Lilly and AJ's pasture the same day that I brought them to the barn. She said she knew that for sure because her mare was going in the pasture where the goats were and she absolutely did not want them in the pasture with her mare. So they were moved over to Lilly and AJ's pasture where I'm assuming Lilly freaked out, ran around like a lunatic, stepped on her shoe, and here we are today... show plans ruined for possibly two shows.

Guess he forgot about the part where I said "give them a couple days..." I know he didn't mean for anything to happen, and probably didn't think THIS would happen, but still.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! So glad Lilly is on the mend. She'll get better quickly now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that totally stinks. Hopefully the BO won't make anymore of those judgement calls! I'm happy to hear that Lily's getting better; before you know it, you'll be back in action :)

    ReplyDelete