Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fewer and Fewer Shows

My "Upcoming Shows" list keeps getting smaller and smaller...

I got a schedule change at work and I won't be off on Saturdays for the next two months. Luckily, I'll still be able to go to the state fair and I should have plenty of time to get Lilly back into shape by then, so I suppose that's one good thing about it.

But the last Paint show is out of the question for this year. Maybe next year...

I didn't get to ride yesterday or today... yesterday it rained and today I had some errands to run before work so I didn't have time. Her leg still looks terrible and doesn't seem to be any less swollen. I stopped wrapping it, though, because the skin was starting to look irritated, and I don't want to go through that again. So I'll just keep putting the cream on for now. The wrap doesn't seem to be helping with the swelling anyway.

In other news, I purchased a 'new to me' DSLR camera. I am SO excited to take some pictures of Lilly with it. The other day I was trying to get pictures of her rolling and got ONE because my dang camera is too slow. I'm fed up with it! So I marched home and found the perfect camera on eBay. It's a Nikon D40, which is a great beginner's DSLR. It came yesterday and I've been trying to learn how to use it... we'll see what I end up with tomorrow, but hopefully I can get some nice photos... eventually! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sucks about the fewer shows, but you'll have so much fun with the camera that you won't even miss the shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D40 is a sweet camera. Not too complicated, and your shots will make you smile. Share them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely looking forward to using the camera and sharing the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete