Sunday, August 22, 2010

Riding Again! YAY!

It's been a long time since I've been able to post one of these:

Look, my horse is wearing a saddle on her back!

Yippee!!

Her leg is still puffy today, but I didn't really expect that it wouldn't be. I unwrapped her leg while I rode and then wrapped her back up when she went into her stall.

Speaking of riding, she did quite well. I only rode for about 20 minutes and we mostly just walked around. We trotted once around both directions and she did really well. I think I'll take it pretty slow for the next week and then plan on getting back to a more normal riding schedule next week.

Lilly is turned out tonight with her stall buddy, Baby. I requested that she not be turned out with goats while she's technically on "rehab" and the BO obliged. So until she's done with her stall board she'll be turned out with Baby where she'll hopefully stay quiet and not run around like a goober.

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news! Somehow I missed the previous post, and had to go back and read what the vet said. I'm sure glad her tendon is fine. When I saw the photos, I was afraid she had a bowed tendon, and I am so very glad that's not what it was! Go, Lilly! No more injuries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The riding may actually help the swelling go down - certainly hope so - and glad you got to ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whole goats thing - gotta tell you now that the injury is healing - its hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking bowed tendon or another tendon lesion too, Terry. I'm so glad it wasn't anything, but I'm still wondering why it's so swollen.

    Thanks, Kate. It was fun being back out there riding!

    LOL Blessed Rain! So you were secretly laughing at my goat stories?! Hopefully one day I'll look back on this and laugh too. I'm not quite there yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOO HOO so glad to hear your able to ride again!

    ReplyDelete