Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not Much New

I don't have much to report. Lilly is still on stall rest and her leg looks the same now as it did when she went on stall rest. I have been hand grazing her and she seems to be staying sane in the stall, so she is resting as the doctor ordered.

I've still been icing it because I figure it can't hurt and I go over there every day anyhow. I have that ColdFlex wrap that I've been trying too, but I'm not impressed. The container says it won't get cold, but that I shouldn't worry because it's actually working... I need something more tangible than that. I want to feel that her leg is cold, or the wrap is cold, or something. Nothing feels cold... not her wrap and not her leg. So I don't know how it's doing her any good.

I'm still on the hunt for a pair of boots I can use instead.

9 comments:

  1. I've had good luck with these:

    ayearwithhorses.blogspot.com/2010/08/product-review-ice-horse-boots.html

    They come in different sizes and shapes. Don't know if they'd work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate! Those are actually at the top of my list so far... It's good to know you've used them and have good things to say about them so far.

    Did you use them a lot, and have they held up so far?

    I'd like to get boots that I can use quite regularly on Lilly, probably after each ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're very sturdy, and I like the way the ice packs mold to the leg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No news is good news! No advice on ice boots, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably mentioned this before, but besides the Game Ready, we do use Ice Boots. They work really good and as long as you buy the right kind, they form to the horses legs really well.
    Good luck, I sure hope you see some improvement soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!

    Since there's no way I can afford Game Ready (don't I wish...) looks like I'll go for the Ice Horse. Hopefully they'll be just what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No advice on ice boots, but just wanted to say that I feel for you so much in what you're going through. Here's hoping to speedy recovery and a return to riding!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Jill... Lilly and I really appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think icing is a good thing. I'm still icing my shoulder; it really helps the pain.

    ReplyDelete