Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Gave Up

I've been scouring the Interwebz for blankets... I've been reading reviews, calling tack shops and online stores, wondering about fits, sizes, and weights. I wanted AJ's blanket to be a little bit bigger and I wanted Lilly's blanket to be a little bit lighter and have surcingle closures instead of buckles. I wanted AJ to have blue and Lilly to have green...

The blankets I really wanted to try are on backorder until after Christmas, and who's to say that I'll like those when they get here?

So I finally decided I've had enough.

AJ is wearing the Amigo and Lilly is wearing the Schneider's blanket. Yup, AJ's is a tad too small, and Lilly's is a tad too heavy.

Oh well!!

Please don't eat the blanket, AJ.
It was quite chilly this morning and this coming week is going to be even worse. Highs only in the mid 40's and lows in the upper 20's. I ran out of time to get my blanket situation figured out, so now I don't have to worry about it anymore! :)

AJ doesn't have as much of a coat as he usually does by now, so I'm not sure if that's because he's been in the stall at night when it's the coldest, or if there's another reason. I don't want him to be cold while I'm trying to fatten him up.

I sure hope he doesn't decide to snack on his blanket in the stall as he's been known to do.

2 comments:

  1. They're cute in their new blankies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cute in their blankies! Hopefully they'll stay in tact and keep your sweet ponies nice and toasty throughout the winter :).

    ReplyDelete