Tuesday, March 1, 2011

He's Still Here!

I tried all day yesterday to find out what time the shippers were coming today but they didn't have an answer for me. Then finally last night (in response to my email) they said the truck wouldn't be done being serviced until this morning and at the earliest they'd be by to pick him up this afternoon, but possibly it wouldn't be until Wednesday morning. She would let me know this morning.

Despite my many efforts, I've heard nothing from her today.

I've got some anxiety about this whole shipping thing anyway, and this isn't giving me a warm fuzzy. How hard is it to call and tell me the trip has been delayed because of the truck? The only responses I have received from her have been in response to an inquiry on my part.

If she didn't already have half the cost of the shipping in the form of a non-refundable deposit I'd tell her to forget it and find someone else. I'm trying to be understanding because I know things happen, but I still have no idea if he's being picked up tomorrow or not. Are they going to call 30 minutes out and expect me to drop everything and meet them at the barn?

GRR!!

5 comments:

  1. Yikes! May I ask what company you used? I'll understand if you don't want to put it in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind sharing at all... I'm hoping they have a really good explanation as to why I never heard from them today.

    M & N Transportation (mandntransport.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear this whole lack of communication thing has affected ALL businesses. Most people have multiple ways to get ahold of them instantaneously these days and yet more often than not people are left wondering what the heck is going on.

    Hopefully all gets straightened out and the trip goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, Cowgirls! She can call me, text me, email me... and Monday she said she would get in touch with me on Tuesday morning to let me know what was going on. Then, not a peep from her all day!!

    It's amazing people can stay in business this way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. And their website boasts of their communication skills.

    ReplyDelete