After not hearing from the shippers at all yesterday, I thought for sure I'd have an email waiting for me this morning when I got up. No email, no phone call, nothing.
I decided I'd had enough and I called this morning to let them know I wanted my money back. She sounded surprised... I guess people are okay with waiting 2 days without any communication to hear when their horse is going to be shipped?
She said her driver was on his way to Georgia to pick up two horses but had to turn back around because of something with the truck and she wasn't sure what time they'd be heading back out. So if they had started the trip at some point already, why hadn't I received a call? This was the point in the conversation where I politely asked for my money back. She asked if I would give her until lunch time (about 2 hours) and if they didn't have a plan by then she would refund my money.
I agreed, thinking that was fair, and depending on when she said they'd be coming to get him, I might still ask for a refund anyway.
Not 20 minutes after I spoke with her, one of the drivers called me. I could tell he was on the road. He said he was on his way to Georgia and he was going to lay over those horses at his farm for the night. He planned on getting an early start tomorrow morning and was going to stop and grab AJ on the way. So he claimed they'll be by to pick him up around 9am.
From there they're heading to Maryland and then into PA, and finally up into Michigan to drop off AJ at my parent's house. He said AJ won't get home until Saturday, early afternoon time. That's not the plan I was told earlier, so I inquired as to what the layover plans were. He'll be stalled overnight tomorrow night in Maryland, and then again at some point in PA. I'll be asking more specific questions tomorrow before he gets on the trailer, but two and a half days sounds like a long trip. I liked it better when he was going to be delivered the next day.
My mom said they're expecting another weather system to move into the area on Friday with possible freezing rain and snow through Sunday. Hopefully that doesn't interfere with the trip at all... today would have been a much better day for him to arrive.
Please send AJ some good thoughts and well wishes for the trip! I hope he doesn't get too stressed out and makes it home without issue.
In saddle news, my Circle P has a bid on eBay, as well as my Lynn Palm, so two down, one to go! Of course the one I need to sell to help finance my new Pessoa is the one without any bids, but I still have hope. I had a few questions this time around, so maybe someone will try to snipe it at the last minute.
The fact that the Circle P is selling is good, though! Now I can forget about trying to find a saddle pad that may or may not fit Lilly and just start over completely. If I can sell them all, I can buy the Pessoa and start looking for a new western show/work saddle. How nice it would be to only have two saddles... and two saddles that fit!!