Monday, April 11, 2011

The Birthday Girl!

11 years ago a very precious, very adorable, very sweet little filly was born. Wonder who it was?

Me, me! Today is MY birthday!
And a flashback to the face that started it all!

Here she is at 3 months old.  Awww!
After riding I gave her a bath and took some pictures. We thought perhaps if she was wet her muscles might be a bit more visible. I'm not sure, but maybe it's because she doesn't really have any yet!

I just love her color this time of year! She has a lot of dark patches where the hair mixed in is black. Even her belly has dark hairs this year.

You can't see it in any of these pictures, but her tail is so long it drags the ground. I need to cut some of it off but I want to enjoy it for just a little while. :)

Happy birthday, Lilly!!

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to a beautiful mare - and love the baby picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to the pretty girl :) You are so lucky to have photos of her as a foal. I met Ozzy as a yearling and I know there are some great photos of him in the clinic being bottle fed as a baby, but I'll probably never see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Lilly! And I love, love, LOVE Paints in the spring when their spots are at their darkest. She looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Lily! Love the palomino with the darker hairs mixed in.

    Today is also Cruizer's birthday, 6 this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Lilly!!! We are looking forward to a great show year and I know you can do it! You look FABULOUS in your birthday pics too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! I love her color. I love palomino paints <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Lilly! I cant imagine when Milo is 11!

    I LOVE her coloring too - those dark spots are GORGEOUS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday pretty girl!! And BTW, am loving your new camera! It takes such great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! I passed the birthday wishes on to Lilly and she was happy to know so many people were thinking about her on her birthday. :)

    I'm very grateful that I have so many baby pictures of Lilly. It's one of my favorite things about having her. She was so cute when she was a baby!

    I wish I could get some really true pictures of her coloring, but nothing does it justice quite like seeing it in person. So cool!

    Oh, and Happy Birthday, Cruizer! :)

    ReplyDelete