Friday, May 6, 2011

Our New Barn!

The move this morning was uneventful and we left on a good note. I thought I could sneak out without too much commotion, but there were more people at the barn this morning than I've seen since I moved in. It's always a little awkward when that happens.

My new barn is literally 3 minutes down the road from the previous place, so it didn't take long to load up and head over. Lilly is all settled in and all is well. I'll have to get more pictures tomorrow because shortly after we got settled in a thunderstorm blew through.

Here's a preview of the new place!


A view of the inside of the barn.  To the left is the tack room and to the right is the wash stall.  There are 6 stalls total and the barn is nice and airy!


Here's miss Lilly in her stall. They're matted, have fans, and are quite nice.


All of the stalls have doors on the outside of the barn. The BO said they did it that way for emergencies, but it also makes the stall feel really open and will be a huge help on hot days.


When we turned her out, Lilly started with her best dressage impersonation...


Then moved on to her best reining pony impersonation.


Here's a shot of her very own pasture and run-in shed.
She was whinnying quite a bit, but none of the horses there seemed to care much about her, so I'm hoping she'll settle in quickly. Eventually she'll be turned out with Jack, an 11 year old TB gelding. He's really laid back and super sweet, so they should make a good pair.

We're in a happy place tonight! :)

15 comments:

  1. No more goats! Love the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This barn looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new place looks fantastic! I hope it turns out to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really nice - hope she settles in well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its beautiful! I cant wait to see more pictures, and Lilly looks right at home in her stall - beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful place! It sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, it looks and sounds wonderful. Dee wants to move their too! Your girl looks very happy with your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful place.

    My dream barn! Fingers crossed this one goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new barn is gorgeous, and Lily looks so happy! Is she turned more of a chocolate palomino color? She looks so dark in the recent pics

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks like a really really nice barn - you guys lucked out! Enjoy it Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh... did you go to the Mane Event? I was in Raleigh today and had to stop in to see the show. I would have loved to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fabulous! I'm going to put the outside emergency/summer doors on my future barn list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty and clean place! I hope this one is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone! I'm loving it there so far... the BO and her hubby are super nice and very accommodating.

    Chelsea, I really need to take some pictures of her with the fly sheet off. Her color is super dark and absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe that she's still this dark!

    Our Beautiful Life, I'm sorry I missed you! I really wanted to go up to the show but I've got so much to do before next weekend that I decided I should stay home and work. If you're ever there again let me know. I would love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete