Friday, August 5, 2011

Another New Book

I received this book as part of an early birthday present from a non-horsey friend. She said she gets a lot of horse catalogs in the mail these days. I think it's really nice when my non-horsey friends buy me horse related gifts. :)

I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and go through the exercises or content in the book, but it received really good reviews on Amazon and I love that it has a lot of pictures. It looks really interesting!

This book is packed with information, including specific problems horses experience with certain body parts, for example, the upper end of the triceps muscle. The book goes into detail about where the muscle is, signs and symptoms that the horse is having trouble in that area, and then the treatment. It also goes into detail about certain types of horses and areas of the horse's body that are stressed by that horse's lifestyle and breed.

There are chapters on stretching exercises, kinesiology, massage routines and techniques, anatomy of the horse, and a whole chapter on the TMJ (temporomandibular joint).

It looks like this book is an updated version of an old favorite of many horse owners. I'm anxious to really get into the book!

4 comments:

  1. I just got this too! There's SO much information in it, and I haven't gotten to try it out. Hopefully I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIJ, it's huge, isn't it?! I can't believe how much information it contains... I can't wait to go through it all.

    Terry, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly is going to LOVE you when you get started on this.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete