Monday, September 26, 2011

Making The Best

I dragged my fiance to the barn with me today, armed with two recording devices. The plan was to catch Lilly doing her "thing" under saddle, record it, and then post it on the Internet for the whole world to see! I've never even seen it myself... I've only felt it.

Well, do you think she would do it?

OF COURSE NOT!

So we made the best of the situation and he took some pictures of me walking her around. I'm still waiting to hear back from EasyCare, but her boots seem to work out okay as long as we just walk. We got drenched this weekend with rain, so there was just a little bit of water in the arena...

She loves the water... she drank for a while, and then started splashing muddy water all over everything. At least she was having a good time.

Yummy!
Trying to cover us both in mud water...
She was really relaxed, which is usually unlike her in this saddle.
We just wandered around the arena...
Okay, so maybe we did a little bit of trotting...
Say cheese, Lilly!
Because of all the rain we've had, I was worried about her hooves and the progress we had made so far with the vinegar. I was pleasantly surprised, though, to actually see they continue to improve! So, because I'm obsessed with her heels, I couldn't resist doing a little before and after picture... on the left is the day after her shoes came off, and on the right is today.

Left heel.
Right heel.
I can almost hear the heels sighing in relief... "Ahhh..."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of rain! Our pastures crunch when you walk on them. Really.

    ReplyDelete