Sunday, September 4, 2011

Three Weeks In

One of the first things I did after arriving home from the cruise was drive out to the barn to check on Lilly. I was curious to see how she was doing and how her feet looked. She was doing really well and seemed happy to see me when I went out to the pasture to get her.

Since we hit the three week mark on Saturday, I decided to take some pictures and do a little side by side comparison. The picture on the left is the day after the shoes came off and the picture on the right is the picture I took Saturday. She's due for a trim and the trimmer comes out Thursday, so try to ignore the chipping, and I'll take some more pictures after the trim on Thursday.


Left hoof...

Left heel...

Right hoof...

Right heel...
In other news, because of the new horse at the barn, the BO wanted to do some reorganizing. She has three pastures with run-ins and one pasture without. Since Lilly was in a pasture all by herself, one pair of horses had to be without shelter and she wanted to make sure all the horses had a run-in. The new horse either really loves Lilly or really hates her so they wanted to put a physical barrier between him and her. She asked if it was ok to put one of the geldings with Lilly and move her to a new pasture. So Lilly was moved to the pasture across the driveway and since it's probably the best pasture on the farm, I'm quite ok with that.

The BO chose her horse Jack to be Lilly's pasture buddy and I think they're pretty happy together...

Could they graze any closer together?
The cruise was great! We had a fantastic time both on and off the ship even though the weather was a little wet. It takes a lot more than a little rain to ruin my vacation, though! While we were in Nassau we went to Atlantis for an opportunity to swim with dolphins. That's something I've wanted to do for a long time and it was amazing... I even got to give one of them a kiss! We went parasailing in Key West which is something else I've wanted to do for a long time. And if that wasn't enough, the boyfriend proposed too!

It's SO pretty!  :)
A trip to remember, that's for sure!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds like a wonderful trip. The horses look quite content in the photo as well. I am interested to follow how the barefoot trim comes along....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilly has a boyfriend and you have a fiance!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her feet look better! The chipping around the quarters is a good sign, I think. And CONGRATS! So happy for you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Congratulations!!!

    Her feet are looking good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, heartfelt congratulations! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww!! Congratulations!!! So happy for you. :) And glad Lily is liking her beau too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. DEF a wonderful trip to remember! And I know I already said it but your ring is GORGEOUS!! Congrats again!! Yall have any idea on a date yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I'm very happy about the engagement, and also about the progress of Lilly's feet. Did you notice all the heel growth she's had in just 3 weeks!?

    Britnie, we don't have a date yet. We're still trying to figure out what we want to do, and I just want to enjoy being engaged for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAHOO!!! Congratulations! And that ring has some awesome bling! Beautiful! And what was that at the beginning of your post? Something about feet...

    Seriously, her feet are really looking good. I'm fairly happy with our current farrier but he's one of those super busy no time for talk types. I'd love to have someone look at Dee's feet and take the time that your trimmer does.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Very pretty ring.

    Yea, enjoy the engagement for a bit. ;-)

    I didn't get my ring until a year later. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, thank you everyone! I'm still excited about it... I'm not sure when the excitement wears off, but I'm enjoying every minute. LOL

    Story, I'm very lucky! I have Rebecca and Cat, and they're both fabulous. I've been bugging Rebecca about all kinds of stuff and she very graciously answers all my questions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her feet are getting better, and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete