Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Fall!

I haven't had a lot to write about lately... everything is pretty much status quo. Lilly's hooves are looking good, and I've been riding her quite a bit at the walk. I'm still waiting on a new boot from EasyCare and I'm hoping I hear from them soon so we can start doing trot work again. I might just break down and buy another one, that way I'll have a spare if I need it when the EasyCare boot comes.

She's still sore on her right front hoof without boots and I've decided to go ahead and get x-rays done. I'm trying to work out something with the other ladies at the barn so we can all split the farm call charge. Hopefully we can get that scheduled soon so I can start to rule out certain things as being the cause of the pain.

I also decided to put her back in the stall during the day. It's just to rule out sugary grass as a cause of her soreness... she's never shown any lameness due to grasses before, but she was always wearing shoes and it definitely would have masked any discomfort she had. She's been in the stall since the 26th and I haven't noticed a change yet, but I want to give her some more time. I've got plenty of that...

We're starting to see some beautiful fall weather around here, and I hope everyone else is too!

3 comments:

  1. I had baseline hoof x-rays done a few years ago. Dr. Gary gave them to me on a CD with a nifty embedded software program that lets you rotate the image, zoom in, etc. You can play it on your laptop so your farrier or trimmer can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read 'Our Story'. It's so interesting! Congratulations on all of your hard work and success. I see you've had many setbacks, but I think you're on the road to full recovery now, thanks to your on-going hard work. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, I need your veterinarian to come do Lilly's x-rays! That's exactly what I want!

    Thank you, Carol! It's definitely been a long road, and we've got a ways to go yet, but I'm quite hopeful.

    ReplyDelete