Friday, October 14, 2011

We're Lovely!

Carol from the Dressage Training Journal has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! I also found myself nominated on Simply Horse Crazy and It's Quarters For Me. Thank you all so much for thinking of us! Lilly and I are flattered. :)

We're lovely!
As the proud recipient of this award, I have two very specific duties to fulfil. I have to share seven things about myself and pass this award along to 15 newly discovered blogs!

I'll start by sharing seven things about myself... hmmm...
  1. I finally received my Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology early this year. I've been working toward this degree for over seven years and I am extremely proud of myself for sticking to the plan and achieving this goal.
  2. Nothing gets under my skin more than people who constantly whine and complain about something but make no effort to remedy the problem. Either do something about it, or quit whining!
  3. When I was in high school, I worked at a Standarbred breeding farm not far from home. It was a great experience for me and I learned a lot about the horse business... racing, breeding, weaning, and so much more. I also learned that I was not going to make it as a veterinarian as I had hoped. That was discovered after I passed out for the third time while helping the vet with minor surgeries.
  4. I hate being the center of attention. When I was growing up I tried my hand at school sports... softball, soccer, and volleyball. I was quite good, but I hated playing because at some point during the game, I'd end up with the ball. Volleyball was the worst because I knew I'd have to serve. I was the only girl on the team who could serve overhand and the coach made me do it every time. It felt like all eyes were on me and it made me terribly nervous. Oh, and you can forget about seeing me dance in public!
  5. I despise leftovers. Unless it's something really good (spaghetti from Carrabba's), I never take leftovers home because I can't stand how they smell after they're cold. Thanksgiving is the absolute worst for me... we always have leftovers but someone has to fix me a plate and warm it up while I stay far away from the kitchen. If leftovers do make it to the fridge, they have to be in sealed containers so the smell cannot escape. No doggie bags or styrofoam containers!
  6. I absolutely love the beach. Fresh water, salt water... I don't care as long as it has sun and sand! I recently became engaged and my fiance and I are planning a beach wedding.
  7. I am a very light sleeper and I can't sleep without some form of white noise. If I'm traveling somewhere and they don't have some sort of white noise generator (like a fan), I have to sleep with earplugs or I'll be up all night.
Now we're on to nominations! I don't have 15 new-to-me blogs to nominate, so I'm going to have to break the rules and include a few I've been reading for a while who hopefully haven't been nominated for this award yet.

  1. The Glorious Hoof
  2. Diary of the Overanxious Horse Owner
  3. Just Horses
  4. New Horse Owners
  5. Things I Learned From My Horse
  6. Equine Artists International
  7. The Blogging Horse
  8. All Horse Stuff
  9. Galloping Mind
  10. The Cheyenne Chronicles
  11. The Equestrian Vagabond
  12. Manitoba MoonSox and Me
  13. Pia's Parade
  14. The Sprinkler Bandit
  15. Farno's "New Vocation"
Thanks again for the award and for thinking of my blog! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm like you, I HAVE to sleep with earplugs or I don't sleep at all.

    ReplyDelete