Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's Showtime!

I checked with this weekend's show manager about Lilly's hoof boots and she said she has no problem with me showing in them. She said they're just like shoes, so if anyone has a problem with me, I can send them to her. :)

Which means... we're going to the show this weekend! The forecast says sunny and 60, which is a bit chilly, but it's November, so I'll take it!

We've been to three shows so far this year, but only two of them were with this particular circuit. One of them was the nightmare show, and the other was for schooling because of the nightmare show. Somehow, though, we managed to get 20 points for the circuit and even a couple PAC points. We won't be winning any awards (although this show is double pointed), but it goes to show that all hope is not lost.

All expectations for this show are off the table. I'm hoping we can go, have a wonderful day, show in our classes, and come home with smiles on our faces. If things go really well, maybe we'll bring home a ribbon or two. If things happen to go sour, I'll use the opportunity to school and hopefully still come home with a smile on my face.

We will be showing alone, which might be the key to ending all the nonsense that happened at the last show. I'm definitely anxious to see if her behavior differs this time, both because she's barefoot and because her BFF is not going to be there.

We'll probably enter the following classes:
Showmanship
English Equitation with Pattern (maybe... depends on how she's doing)
Huntseat Equitation without Pattern
English GAYP (essentially a walk/trot class because no one ever canters)
Huntseat GAYP
Huntseat Walk/Trot
Huntseat Pleasure
English Walk/Trot Stock Type

Send good vibes our way on Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Have a wonderful time! Just enjoy being out and about with your cute pony! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan. Good for you guys. Good luck. You'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot, woot! Go and prove yourself, barefoot horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's excellent news! Good job setting your expectations, too - I think you'll definitely come home happy with that attitude ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're going to this show just to have fun and learn something! I'm betting that with Lilly traveling solo and with her new feet and happy back, you will have a very different horse than you had in the spring. Good luck - I am sure you guys will do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck. Sounds like you have a good game plan and the right attitude. Boy...If I have learned a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. this year...both are very important to having a successful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you do great, and most of all, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete