Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Turn!

It has been a busy weekend! First, I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends, then we found the perfect Christmas tree and decorated for Christmas! It's always one of my favorite weekends of the year. I hope everyone had a great weekend too!

We've been having spectacular fall weather, but unfortunately I've been unable to ride. For once it isn't because Lilly is injured either! This past Monday I was making preparations to winterize my horse trailer and I ended up doing something to my shoulder when I tried to drain the hot water tank. Because of some built up pressure, the giant bolt shot out like a rocket when I started to remove it, which sent my socket wrench flying, which caused my arm to go flying backwards. And for the cherry on top, I was soaked with water.

I've winterized that trailer three other times and never had that happen... note to self for next year, though!

My shoulder is feeling better today finally... I never did go to the doctor because I figure they'll just give me a prescription for muscle relaxers and send me on my way. I already have some of those from the last time I managed to hurt myself, so I'll save myself the 4 hours.

Hopefully tomorrow I can head out to the barn for a nice ride. I need to get some riding in before this weekend because I'll be heading to Michigan for an early Christmas next Monday.

Also, don't forget to enter our giveaway! I must not have a lot of scrapbook followers, but the software is really neat and can be used for so many other projects! The best part is, it's free!

8 comments:

  1. Yikes! That could have been bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer on the shoulder! Hope it heals quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! Hope it's just bruised and you heal quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch :( Hope you're back to normal in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ow! I hope your shoulder is feeling better! I hope you have safe travels on your way to and from Michigan!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ow! That sounds painful. I hope you heal up quickly and are back to 100% in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!!

    ReplyDelete