Monday, December 12, 2011

Back, With AJ Spam!

I made it back from Michigan safe and sound. The weather actually wasn't too bad, considering... when I arrived, there wasn't even any snow! Tuesday night it snowed a bit, and then it snowed again on Friday, but I saw the sun and managed not to freeze too much. :)

I have some hoof related stuff to post, and I'll have even more when I give Lilly her trim. For now, I want to post some pictures of AJ and get caught up on all of your blogs!

The pictures speak for themselves... AJ looks fantastic and he is a happy boy up there in Michigan. He and Justus get along better than any horses I've seen, and it makes me so happy. They're like two peas in a pod.






10 comments:

  1. He looks fat and happy and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your old man is happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJ looks fabulous! Where's that hard keeper you had?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful when the people caring for him give him food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, that "hard keeper" you had looks amazingly round and plump! Do I see a dent in between his rump, where his spine used to be? Haha!

    I'm SO glad to hear that he and Justis are doing well together, and AJ looks so, so happy. What a wonderful life they both have, and how special that they get to be with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...he winters up in Michigan? He looks like a very happy horse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that last picture!! He def looks healthy and happy. And I'm so glad I got to see those cute little ears again! ;)
    Glad your trip went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, he looks great doesn't he?? We've been able to cut back on his grain quite a bit too. We did it slowly over the summer and then I got nervous when it started getting chilly. We'll probably address the feed again in the spring, but I wanted to make sure he wasn't going to drop any weight during the winter. No sign of that yet!

    Margaret, he actually lives up there now. The summers were getting really hard on him so I sent him up to retire. My dad has a horse who is also retired and they are best buddies! It was the perfect situation for all of us and I'm thrilled it has worked out so well!

    Thanks, Britnie!! :)

    ReplyDelete