Sunday, December 4, 2011

Off To The Great White North

Tomorrow I head to Michigan... where I will be greeted by four inches of snow. Visiting family during the Michigan winters always makes me appreciate my North Carolina weather, even if it does reach triple digits here in the summer. :)

I should have some good posts for you when I get back. I've been promoted to Lilly's primary trimmer until sometime in January, so I plan on working on her hooves at least once per week. Unless I accidentally chop off her entire hoof with the hoof knife, I'll be posting before and after pictures of my trims so you can all ridicule my work.

I'll also be helping my dad trim AJ and his horse, Justus while I'm home. Lots of hoof related posts coming your way. Hopefully I'll have some cute pictures of AJ to share too. :)

Until then, have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and enjoy your early Christmas with family.

    Ridicule will not be tolerated. ;-) We ALL had to start somewhere and I think you are a pretty smart cookie. You are going to love being able to work on your own horse's feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    And thank you again... I definitely appreciate that. I'm both nervous and excited to work on Lilly's hooves and I hope I've absorbed enough information to do a good job. Just promise you'll be honest. I definitely want to learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun up there! Just remember that you stay a lot warmer when you're working on hooves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went to Navy Boot Camp and "A School training Great Lakes, IL many moons ago. Folks up there can keep that winter weather as far as I'm concerned.

    Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol; When you said "Great White North" I thought you were coming to Canada!!! : P Michigan, phhttt...come to Winter-peg, er, Winnipeg. THAT is cold! : )

    Have a wonderful Christmas Holiday with your family!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear the trimming stories when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great Christmas and say hi to AJ for us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We moved from Petoskey, Michigan over two years ago, having lived there for almost 8 years or so. I do enjoy the NC "winters" but the beauty of the snow is missed. Enjoy Christmas with family.

    ReplyDelete