Saturday, January 28, 2012

Riding In The New Saddle

I rode Lilly in her new saddle on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, but I haven't have a lot of time to blog about our rides. When I actually have time off work, I'm so busy I can hardly stand it.

The good news is that she seems completely happy with her new saddle. I haven't noticed any signs of her being uncomfortable and she was a bit of a booger on Wednesday so I've worked her pretty hard in the saddle already.

So what's the bad news? Absolutely nothing!! :) I'm so excited to have a western saddle to ride in that fits my horse and I can't wait to show her in some western classes at the show in March!

We've had a ton of rain lately so yesterday I was only able to work on walk/trot stuff, which is fine because there's plenty that needs work even at the walk. I took advantage of the squishy, soggy arena and rode Lilly without her hoof boots and she did amazing. I didn't feel her taking short strides or ouchy steps at all, and this is the first time I've ridden her without boots since her shoes came off back in August.

I snapped a couple pictures of Lilly in her new saddle on Wednesday:

Look what I got yesterday!
Does it make my butt look big?
The saddle still needs some work and I want to get new stirrups and a new saddle pad. I bought some stirrups on Thursday but after riding in them I decided I didn't like them. They're too dirty to return, so I'll have to put them up on eBay and look for something else.

Life is good in the world of Lilly and I hope all is well with all of you!

7 comments:

  1. YAY I'm glad you are both enjoying the saddle!!

    Hmmmm is that a new BRIDLE I see too????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She looks so good in that saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome saddle. It looks really nice on her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That saddle looks great on her! I'm glad to hear it's working well for both of you. I'm also SUPER excited to hear that she's working so well without her boots. That's huge progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't she just the cutest in her new saddle and bridle??!! :)

    ReplyDelete