Monday, January 16, 2012

We've Been Rescheduled

Wow, my abs are sore from yesterday! At this rate I won't have to start my wedding workout anytime soon!!

Lilly's vet appointment was rescheduled until Saturday. My vet was on call today and was running about 2 hours behind when she called me early this morning. It seems there are a lot of horses having issues with colic around here... my vet's horse included. It's been crazy.

She said she could probably have squeezed me in, but wanted to make sure we had enough time to do a really thorough evaluation, so we decided to go ahead and reschedule. I was really looking forward to having some more information about what's plaguing my sweet pony, but I don't want to be rushed.

Now we wait for Saturday!

My barn friend, S, borrowed Lilly to do some ground work with a young girl who's leasing a horse at the barn. Lilly is SO good with that stuff that we thought she'd be the perfect horse for the job. I wasn't there to watch, but S said Lilly was really good and the little girl just loved her. :)

5 comments:

  1. Bummer on the reschedule, but better to have enough time than feel rushed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with the colicky horses lately? My moms horse, and one of the BILs horses also were acting colicky no long ago. Strange.

    What a good babysitter Lilly is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for horse's in NC, i would imagine this crazy weather is to blame! these drastic temp drops always cause me to worry about colic :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "Liebster Awarded" you ; ) Check my blog for more details : )

    ReplyDelete