Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rain Sucks

Well, the show was cancelled for this weekend thanks to the rain. I haven't been able to ride or work my horse in SIX days, so there's nothing to blog about whatsoever. I've been visiting her at the barn and doing lots of grooming, but that's the extent of my horsey adventures over the past couple of days.

I did clean out and de-winterize my horse trailer in preparation for the show, so at least it's ready if we ever get to go anywhere.

In other news, my mare is in heat like I've never seen before. Not that anyone cares, but I don't have anything else to blog about, so therefor you must suffer along with me. Anyway, she's not being mean or nasty, but she is desperate for attention and when any of the boys even looks in her general direction, she pees EVERYWHERE. Maybe it's the early spring that's got her all out of whack, but I don't know how she can possibly pee this much... I feel bad for her!

I hope everyone else is getting in some rides!

6 comments:

  1. I am finally finally finally getting some rides! It's warm! The footing is thawed! Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry about that nasty rain! Not being able to work your horse drives me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the rain . . .

    Have you tried either Mare Magic or MareBerry (from Horsetech and cheaper) for marishness? It's done a lot to improve Dawn's behavior and temperament during heats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer! Hope your weather clears for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am suffering with a mare in crazy heat. I had a lesson the other day and the instructor jumped on to ride her for a minute. She was explaining something to me while Rosie was standing still but then when she cued her to move she had pee flying everywhere. So gross!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post makes me love my dirty paint GELDING. ;)

    ReplyDelete