Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Fly Sheet

Oops! This wasn't supposed to post yet... I hadn't written any words!

Lilly's new fly sheet came yesterday, and even though we're getting remnants of Beryl, I tried it on her anyway. I was hoping it would fit so I wouldn't have to send it back and wait for another sheet to come.

I think it's a little bit too big, but I got her the 75" and the 72" would for sure have been too small. At first I was a little worried about the neck cover because it seemed WAY too long, but then I remembered she would have her head down grazing. Once the rain stopped, I took her outside to see how it fit her while grazing, and I must say, I'm super happy with it... at least so far.

Back to being protected!
There's already a snag in it, but I think it came that way. I love the way it fits around her chest and becasue of the neck cover, it won't fall back behind her withers, which drives me absolutely crazy. The only thing I don't like about it is that it jingles when she walks. Hopefully she won't care. :)

No more sunburns!
So far it gets two thumbs up! I'm really happy I decided to buy this one.

10 comments:

  1. Do you love it as much as I do? Lilly doesn't seem to mind it one bit... looks like it fits her pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, this entry posted before I told it to! But, I really, really like the sheet so far! It seems a lot lighter than my other sheet, and I think it's going to work out perfectly! :)

      Delete
  2. She's gorgeous even when she's completed covered up! Bet she's happy to be sun and bug free!!! : ) (and bet you're happy you can stop worrying about her!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm definitely relieved to have a fly sheet for her again!

      Delete
  3. Our horses match! If the jingling is bothersome, call Schneiders and ask for more of their rubber thingies. They'll send them free if you have one of their blankets that came with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same fly sheets on our horses. Mine was snagged too - and beware the velcro when you undo the neck piece - even more snags. Seems pretty comfortable and not too hot. Val and Cowboy are happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Good thing it is white as it gets hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In case you're interested James Welz is holding a trimming clinic in NC this October. You can see the flyer here: http://www.thehorseshoof.com/HHO%20Clinic%20Flyer_NC2012.pdf.

    I'm going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh!! I'll be on my honeymoon! That would have been awesome and it's less than 3 hours from me. I'll be looking forward to your post when you get back.

      Delete