Saturday, December 1, 2012

They're Here!

My boots came just in time on Friday! My trimmer was planning on coming out to help me fit the boots since she was going to be in the area, but when they didn't come on Thursday, I was getting worried. Thank goodness they came on Friday around 1:30 and I met her at the barn at 3.

Oooh... pretty!
They have a gel coating in the bottom for a little bit more cushion, and because Lilly has such dainty feet, they're cut back a little bit. They were a perfect fit, and were much easier to adjust than I thought. The website makes it look fairly complicated but it wasn't at all, so I won't have anymore nightmares about doing it in the future.


We did a test run with the boots before my trimmer left and Lilly could walk, trot, and turn on the pavement without any issues. No short steps and no painful steps. I think she really likes them!

After my trimmer left, I saddled her up and took her for a short ride in the arena. We did our usual walk/jog/lope and she was excellent. She didn't act ouchie at all and never took a short step. There are a couple spots in the arena that are hard and I felt her hesitate a bit before relaxing. I think she was anticipating the hard ground and then realized it didn't hurt with her boots.

Oh boy... now we can get back to work. Yay...
So far, I give the boots two thumbs up and can't wait to use them a bunch when I get back. It'll be interesting to see how she does when she can really work and not worry about stepping on a stone in the arena.

I'll be in Michigan all next week for an early Christmas with my family, so I'll bring back some pictures of my precious AJ. Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I love how they look like black Mary Jane shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that was my exact same thought! So cute!

      Delete
  2. Yay! I've heard nothing but good thongs about these boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily looks half bionic! I bet you both are very happy that those boots have arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmmm, I wonder if those would be helpful with Sassy and her broken coffin bone?
    She does not limp all the time, but every so often will take that short step, especially on hard ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so interested in hearing about these! Keep us posted and ENJOY Michigan. We lived in Petoskey for almost 8 years.

    ReplyDelete