Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Out of Commission

Luckily it's me and not Lilly, although I prefer not to be out of commission either. Unfortunately, there isn't a sweet story to tell about how I was riding bulls or jumping out of planes. Instead, I just woke up Thursday morning with the worst lower back pain ever. As long as I stayed hunched forward and bent slightly to the left, I was good to go, but trying to stand up or lay down flat, and I was in serious pain. It wasn't muscle pain, but rather spine pain, like maybe I pinched a nerve or tweaked something just right. So I spent the weekend sitting on the couch, or laying on my chiropractor's table, neither of which helped that much. Riding has been absolutely out of the question.

I'm feeling slightly better today, but now the rest of my back is terribly sore, I think from compensating for my hunched stature. I was brave enough to venture out to the barn with hopes of at least working Lilly in the round pen, but once I got moving around I decided it probably wasn't a good idea. Saturday is the clinic, and I want to make sure we don't miss it.

Are you here to play with me?
In other news, I've been working with the folks at Cultured Cowboy to see what kind of saddle Dakota can make me. I was told that the tree in my current saddle is made by Steele, and they can use that exact tree in a new saddle, but build it into a show saddle instead of a cutting saddle. Custom always costs more, but I don't mind paying extra to ensure it fits Lilly and that I can use it for my shows.

Other than that, it's cold outside and I'm ready for spring.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon - back pain just simply, sucks. Good news about the saddle - custom is always more expensive, but it sounds like Lilly isn't easy to fit, so atleast you know once you buy this once, you wont have the hassle and annoyance of it not working and having to sell it again. I'm contemplating doing a custom or a semi-custom to fit my boy, as he's proving to be a bit of a pain in the neck to fit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon - back pain is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your back! I know what that feels like! Ice ice ice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Hope you're on the mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! That really sucks - back pain is the WORST. I hope you heal up super-quick and are 100% in time for the clinic this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that sucks! Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sucks! Hope your feeling better for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your back. Believe me, I know all about back pain. It is terrible. I hope you are feeling better before this weekend!! I think we are all ready for spring! (Well, summer for me, our springs are horribly wet and nasty).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your back. I hope it gets better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing fun about back pain! Rest up and get better for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete