Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Still Soggy

Well, the rain has finally stopped, the sun is shining, and maybe, just maybe, I'll be back in the saddle by Saturday. After yesterday's monsoon, I expected the arena to be completely under water, but I was pleasantly surprised by the footing today. Don't get me wrong, there's no way I could actually ride in there, but it was less soggy than I expected. My theory is that it was already so saturated with water that the rain we got yesterday simply flowed away.

Behold! The swamp!

Many, many puddles.
Lilly is bored out of her mind, but she's doing her best to stay busy by playing with the boys across the fence, snacking on tiny pieces of grass, and getting rid of itchies by rolling in the mud.

Behold! The mud monster!

Ew!
Come on sun! Dry up the arena so I actually have something worthwhile to post about!

11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Lilly sucks at rolling in the mud. There's like one tiiiiiny patch of dirt on her! She CLEARLY needs some lessons from Cash on how to do it.

    Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wellll... perhaps in the grand scheme of things she's still pretty clean, but that's filthy for her! Her back is dirty and the top of her butt is dirty.

      She's too prissy to get much worse than that. :)

      Delete
  2. What you need is some wind! Fantastic for drying things up! Terrible for everything else of course.

    Even with many mud puddles your ring looks so beautiful. Prettiest swamp I ever saw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wind would be helpful indeed!! It was a little breezy today, but not much. I'm hoping the BO will get in there and drag it too... spread out the water to help get rid of the puddles.

      It is a pretty nice arena... I love how big it is! Now if I could just convince them to cover it up!

      Delete
  3. Wow the arena looks really good! Poor Lilly will have to wait to work still ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She likes having a job... she seems so bummed when I put her back in the pasture without going for a ride. Hopefully soon!

      Delete
  4. Easy, girl, easy. Soon you shall ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wet winter SUCKS!! Hope you can ride this weekend! They are calling for winter stuff here, oh yeah

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be so frusrating. Im sure Lily doesnt mind the break too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone else... beautiful arena! If only mine looked like that...
    My arena is under water most of winter, so that is one reason I don't ride this time of year. The other reason is what causes the arena to be under water for most of the winter, rain. If we get a break in the rain the water drains from the arena pretty quick, but we don't get many dry days for it to stay dry for long. I am so looking forward to drier, warmer weather to get back to riding. I am so excited. I would do almost anything to be able to have a covered arena so I could ride all year!
    Lilly is as beautiful as always!!

    ReplyDelete