Sunday, March 24, 2013

Now We Wait

Well, after spending three hours at the barn cleaning every piece of tack I own, packing it all nicely into my trailer, and clipping Lilly's ears, legs, bridle path, and mane, the show ended up being cancelled.

It was a really last minute decision by the show organizer because she was hoping the forecast for rain would change. It actually did, but not until sometime during the night. So it didn't really rain on Saturday as forecasted, but it was really cold and yucky, so I can't say I'm too upset that it was cancelled. I'm a big wimp, you know... cold weather and I don't get along very well.

It's been raining all day today and barely got out of the 40's, so any chance of rescheduling the show for today was washed away with all the downpours we've been having. So as it turns out, show season is not really here, as I thought in my previous post. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to get ready for the next show in May.

"It's a real shame that the show was cancelled..."
I seriously mean it this time... GO AWAY WINTER!! I AM DONE WITH YOU!!


  1. Lilly's expression is priceless!
    Your weather sounds like summer to me, lol.

  2. Oh what a bummer! Winter is the worst!

  3. There's nothing worse than showing in bad weather - may you have good weather soon!

  4. Well she looks lovely, even if she didn't get to show it off.
    I'm with you, sick sick sick of winter.

  5. Cute photo!! Sucks about the show but it would be really nice if you could send some of that rain our way. We are in the middle of a drought and all the animals are suffering.

  6. My daughter entered her first Open Show this past Saturday and we had no rain (so lucky). She is hooked, I think. My daughter is now intent to work on perfecting Oberon's transitions. I'm not so sure Oberon is as thrilled as she is :)

  7. Booo, that stinks! Hope the weather clears up and you can get to riding/showing more.