Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bath Time!

While Lilly might look clean, I assure you, she is not. She has about 5 months of dirt and dust underneath all that hair and she is just gross. Since we FINALLY had a nice, warm day, I decided to give her a bath. I have been dying to give her a bath for months, and it was nice that the weather decided to cooperate. I actually ended up bathing her twice because even after the first bath, I still couldn't see any pink skin. After the second bath, though, she looked like a million bucks. She's really starting to shed too, so the bath helped pull out a ton of hair.

I sprayed her down with Vetrolin Shine (my favorite product ever) to make sure she stays as clean as possible for as long as possible. She's not one to roll after a bath, but I wasn't taking any chances, so I took her out to find some grass while she dried in the sunshine . When I was all done with her, she smelled like strawberries and was as soft as a bunny. And just look at her shine! :)

She just wouldn't put her ears up!
That's better!
I took the pictures after she was dry, so she had just spent the last hour eating grass. Apparently she wasn't done because she decided her green lead rope looked an awful lot like grass and kept picking it up off the ground and chewing on it. She never does that!!

"om nom nom..."
I sure hope we're done with the winter weather now... Monday's gorgeous temperatures spoiled me and I'm ready for that to be the norm!

13 comments:

  1. You got me fooled, she looks super clean to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now she's clean (temporarily), but prior to the bath she was a mess! :)

      Delete
  2. She looks great! I can't wait till it's warm enough to bathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm itching for the weather to hit the 60's like it's supposed to so I can bathe my filthy beasts. Vetrolin Shine is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you know what a dirty Paint horse looks like...ugh

    I might just have to try this Vetrolin Shine stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty Lilly! I love it when they are so clean. Mine will definitely need a couple baths to get rid if a winter's worth of mud. Can't wait for them to be that clean. I will have to try the Vetrolin shine. I love Vetrolin liniment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Vetrolin Shine is awesome! It's like ShowSheen but a million times better in my opinion because it makes their coat super soft rather than slippery, and it doesn't dry out their mane and tail. ShowSheen always leaves Lilly's tail feeling like straw. Plus it has sunscreen, vitamin B5, and it smells like heaven. LOVE IT! If you've never tried it, you MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks amazing! Come wash my girl, pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks wonderful! And I agree with Mare... you don't know what a dirty Paint horse looks like. ;)

    Cash needs a bath too... can I send him to you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had spa day yesterday too! I suspect the nice weather is still just a temporary thing here but I sure couldn't resist a chance to rinse out some of that winter grunge! I think Dee really needed a second go with the shampoo as well but I just didn't have it me.

    I keep hearing great things about the Vetrolin Shine but I can never find it around here! Lilly sure looks fantastic. Good advertising!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks so clean and pretty! Cute nibbling on the lead rope too :)

    ReplyDelete