Friday, April 12, 2013

Celebrating A Bit Late

Yesterday was Lilly's birthday, but I wasn't able to get out to the barn before work. So today I was determined to spend some quality time with her even though it was raining when I left the house.

She was in her stall when I got there and she nickered when she saw me. I hoped that meant she forgave me for missing her birthday yesterday, but just in case, I brought her a handful of peppermints. That seemed to do the trick!

I wanted to take her for a quick ride but the weather just wouldn't cooperate. I had her all saddled up and ready to go, and that's when the rain started up again. After I untacked her, the rain stopped. GRR! So I saddled her back up, and the dang rain came again. I can take a hint from the universe, so I gave up on the idea of going for a ride and we went outside to find some grass to snack on instead. It didn't rain on us again, and the sun even popped out for a bit.

Such a sweet face!
She always has a fan club no matter where she goes!
This time last year I was showing you pictures of the gorgeous spring coat Lilly has when she first sheds out. Her birthday post showed a nearly shed out Lilly, but this year I'm still knee deep in winter hair. She even had a sunburn last year in April!

Birthday hay!
Not a single spot of dark, beautiful spring coat can be found anywhere. Not even on her face. Crazy weather.

4 comments:

  1. She has such an incredibly sweet face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Lilly! We've been having horrible cold rainy weather, so spring doesn't seem to be springing here either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that 1st photo. She looks so, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday Lilly! Even hairy she's still pretty! We're in the same boat with excess hair here. Counting down to show day and I just can't see how all this hair will be gone in time! She still has long guard hairs all over too. Of course now today it's suddenly decided to snow again. Come on spring!

    ReplyDelete