Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Playing In the Round Pen

I gave Lilly a pedicure today and she seemed to really enjoy it. She likes to fall asleep, and I love seeing her lick and chew when I set her hooves down. That's something she never did prior to having her shoes removed and now she does it quite a bit. I still need to give her quite a few breaks while I'm trimming so she can adjust herself, but we've definitely made progress. I couldn't be happier with her hooves if I tried!

After I was done trimming, we went out to the round pen to have a little fun. We haven't been able to spend much time in there because one of the horses at the barn is on limited turnout and he usually has it occupied. She started out full of energy, bucking, rearing, and hopping around but eventually ran out of steam. I tried to get some pictures, but she never cooperates.




Even though she was having a grand old time showing off for her audience of four geldings, she was always listening and being a good girl. I sure do love this sweet face!

8 comments:

  1. She looks so good! I'm so glad you're enjoying trimming and that Lily is doing so well barefoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Funder! I get more confident each time I trim her, so hopefully that keeps up too.

      Delete
  2. Yes, what Funder said. She looks great, and it's wonderful her feet are doing so well. Well done, you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terry! I'm just thrilled that Lilly is enjoying her bare hooves!

      Delete
  3. Hard to imagine her wild and kicking up her heels, she looks so chill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gets a little crazy every now and then, but it doesn't last long. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the first picture! She definitely has a sweet face! That's so awesome that her feet are doing so good. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the adorable pony ears.

    ReplyDelete