Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Nice Ride!

I had a really nice visit with my parents and while they were here we went out to the barn to see Lilly. It was a gorgeous, warm day, and I think maybe our weather is finally starting to make a turn toward spring. Wouldn't that be nice?! :)

I didn't ride her very long, or too hard, but we practiced the usual items we need to work on. Her lope transitions are getting much better and we can lope nice circles without looking like we're out of control. Her head still needs to come down, but we'll work on that later. I think I can safely say she's got this jogging thing down, though!

Pitter patter of tiny hooves...
Looking quite pleased with herself!
Here is a posed picture my mom graciously took. She held the camera with the trigger button ready to go while my dad waved his arms around like a wild man trying to get Lilly to put her ears up. Not an easy feat!

Say "cheese", Lilly!
With the weather finally looking better, I'm hopeful I'll be able to ride quite a bit this week. We have a project going on at our house, so the workers often need to be babysat, but I think they'll be done tomorrow. Perhaps things can get back on track after that!

20 comments:

  1. Getting the jog is so hard - I was never able to get Elvis to do it. She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely been a long time coming. She still has her moments, but for the most part she cooperates. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like her hoof is all better. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, we actually had a small setback, but she doesn't seem as sore on it as she was before. It's all a bit frustrating!

      Delete
  3. She's looking fantastic!! I had just gotten that perfect western pleasure jog with Brandy when she was diagnosed with arthritis :( Dang it. But I could never get that WP lope with her. She would have made a cute hunter horse though!
    Hope you get lots of ride time in this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We're struggling a bit with the lope as well... she'll slow down, but not nearly enough. We might be doomed to walk/jog classes forever!

      Delete
  4. Glad shes doing well :) She is such a pretty horse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so happy together! Tell Dad that jingling your keys and making faces helps ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was whistling at her, tossing sand around with his boots, and yelling her name, but she was like, "whatever"... I never thought of trying keys!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always nice when you can con people into taking pictures for you! :)

      Delete
  7. Love love love that jogging photo—she looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes they don't actually look as good as they feel, so it's nice to see she looks so happy and relaxed in the pictures.

      Delete
  8. Hi! I'm a new follower. I blog over at Sittinginthesaddle.blogspot.com and I also have a "Cash" but mine is a Quarter Horse, out of Dash for Cash. ;) Lilly is gorgeous and I love all of the "go barefoot" stuff on the blog!
    Can't wait to read more!
    Kalin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kalin! Thanks for visiting Lilly's blog! Your blog is great and Red is SO handsome! I love all the pictures! :)

      Lilly has quite a few "Cash" horses in her dam side pedigree (QH), but no Dash For Cash. When I first met her, I thought for sure she would!

      Delete