Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Frustration

I'm so frustrated I can't even see straight. Things have been rocky at the barn (for a couple of reasons) this past week, but I don't like to speak ill of people in a public forum, so I don't want to go into too much detail. Let's just say that the barn manager has done some things without asking that I disapprove of on an extremely high level, and neglected to do some very important things that I think are no brainers. What has me beyond frustrated is that it could have all been avoided by doing one very basic thing...

CALL ME!!

For the love of god, dial my number and call me!! I don't know why I can't seem to find a barn with people who know how to use the damn telephone! Or even text me... hit me up on Facebook... send me an email... something... PLEASE!!

If that wasn't enough, Lilly was lame on Sunday and I really have no idea why. I could find nothing that jumped out at me other than her being foot sore, and even though she had been trimmed, it was days prior, so I have no idea what was going on with her. I soaked her hoof in case we had the beginnings of an abscess, gave her some bute, and thankfully by Monday she was 90% better. Today she was back to her happy self, so I'm thrilled we're not going to have to deal with an abscess.

I emailed my trimmer some pictures of my work and explained to her what was going on in case there was something I was missing. We're brainstorming other ideas, like adding Keratex and continuing to soak her with Oxine (which I've been doing already). I think all the wet weather we've been having is really working against me.

"Working hard to stess out my mom..."
So, needless to say, I haven't been riding or having much fun since returning from vacation. Stress, stress, stress. Boo hoo. Woe is me.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh!! I really hope the barn troubles can be resolved. You have terrible luck with barns it seems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh!! I really hope the barn troubles can be resolved. You have terrible luck with barns it seems

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the barn drama gets fixed. One of my favorite things about my barn is as soon as we decided to board, the people sent me friend requests on facebook, posted pictures the first few weeks of Red to let me know how he was doing, they tell me if he's just a bit off or has a new "boo boo" and when he almost foundered-when I was on vacation, of COURSE-she texted me every day to let me know how he was...Pretty amazing since I pay $130 to board, they buy feed/hay....I got lucky. :))
    If it makes you feel better, I haven't ridden in forever because my mother had surgery and I'm on babysitting duty. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh glad Lilly's on the mend at least. Hate barn troubles :(

    ReplyDelete