Friday, October 11, 2013

Not Deficient

I've been super busy with Rylee since she came home. She's been doing really well and I'm so in love with her! She has just the right amount of puppy energy and chill energy. She gets herself into trouble, but she listens quite well, and we've made a lot of progress since Sunday. She's really smart, and I'm having so much fun with her. We've been working on crate training quite a bit, as that seems to be the hardest thing for her right now. She lived outside until I got her, so being stuck in a cage without her people is no fun for her, and she's not shy about letting you know it.

Hubby will be so happy to see that his jammies are on the interwebz.
Because of all the crate work, Lilly has been a bit neglected lately. I'm not ready to take Rylee to the barn yet, and I don't want to be gone constantly because that's too much time for her to be in the crate. I made up for it today though! I put hubby on puppy duty and drove out to see Lilly. I bribed her with a few fresh apples and if she was still feeling left out when it was time for me to leave, she didn't show it.

There's not much new in the land of Lilly. Her mineral panel came back and all her levels were within the normal range. I had even stopped her supplements once we decided to do the mineral panel to make sure what we were seeing was what she was getting from grass, hay, and her Enrich. I was hoping something would show up that might help us out, and we could supplement her to get everything in line, but at least I can cross mineral deficiency off my list of possible culprits. We're doing the IR test at the end of the month, so I'll be curious to see what that says.

She has plumped up a bit since being moved, which is odd to me. I figured she'd get more exercise being outside with a herd of other horses, and she might drop a few pounds. Not the case.

So the search continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment