Friday, January 24, 2014

Blog Hop: Show Me Your Barn

I never really gave a barn tour when I moved to Lilly's current barn back in September. I guess it's because I was here once before, although not for very long, so it didn't really seem like a new barn and I didn't give it much thought. With everyone posting about their barns, I thought it would be a good time to do one about mine.

What I see when I pull into the driveway.

The main entrance to the barn.

The back side of the barn.

The barn aisle... Lilly's stall is on the left with the green blanket.

The middle area of the barn. The door to the left goes to the arena.

Lilly's stall. She's number 15.

Two wash stalls, and you can see the bathroom just behind the rope.
There's one for males and one for females.

One of the tack rooms. My locker is the last one on the left.

My super clean tack locker. :)

The arena.

A picture of the round pen, with the back of the barn in the background.

Pastures are mostly in front of the barn, on both sides of the driveway.

A zoomed in picture of the pasture.
It's a great place to board. We have hot water for the wash stalls, bathrooms, a little conference room with microwave and fridge, all the stalls have automatic waterers, and there are trails on the property too. The barn owner takes really good care of the facilities, as well as the horses. He's generous with the hay (which he grows himself), and the pastures are rotated and kept in good condition.

I keep telling him that the only thing that could make it better is a covered arena. He just laughs when I say that, but maybe one day I'll convince him.

7 comments:

  1. The one awesome thing I noticed about everything is how CLEAN and neat and tidy everything is, well cared for. You can tell they actually care about their place and the horses. Great place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely facility! I'm glad Lily is doing so well there - after all the trials and tribulations you've gone through with barns, you both deserve it!

    ReplyDelete