Just to recap, here's what they were:
1. Take Lilly to a breed show.
2. Accumulate ten PAC points in showmanship.
3. Obtain an APHA Certificate of Recognition in walk trot.
4. Apply for memberships with JCHSS, CMHA, and TWHA, and attend enough shows with each show series to qualify for year end awards.
5. Get at least three PAC points in western pleasure.
The reason numbers 2, 3, and 5 didn't happen is because number 4 didn't happen. I just didn't have a chance to haul Lilly to very many shows this past year. In fact, we only went to two shows. It's difficult to accumulate points when you're not showing. Number 1 didn't happen simply because I couldn't justify the cost of a breed show when I wasn't able to ride my horse nearly as much as I would have liked.
Some of it was the weather, which was quite uncooperative until May-ish, and we even had a couple shows cancelled because of it, but mostly we were sidelined because of Lilly's hooves. It started with the seedy toe and went downhill from there. We had the mild bout of laminitis in late July, and she stayed quite uncomfortable until well into September. The last time I was on her back was early August.
Just not a good year to ride and prep for showing.
I did have one other minor, not Lilly related goal, and that was to post at least one picture in every post. I'm happy to say I did meet that goal, so thankfully my goal list wasn't a total failure.
See ya, 2013! Onward and upward!
|Bring on 2014!|