Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Brief Ride

I haven't posted in a while... there hasn't been much to post about unfortunately. With all the winter weather we've been having, I haven't been able to ride much at all. The few nice days we have are hindered by the soggy condition of the arena. That's the one and only thing I miss about my last barn. The indoor would have been really nice.

I did take Lilly for a ride this past Tuesday, though. I actually made her work a bit, which she didn't really appreciate, but I told her to get over herself... her vacation is officially over. She was very 'up' and always wanted to be jogging when I wanted her to walk and loping when I wanted her to jog. I guess it's expected with all this time off she's had, but it would have been nice to enjoy a much more relaxed Lilly. She's so out of shape that I don't want to work her too hard when she's being naughty. It was still a fun ride... it felt really good to be back in the saddle and I enjoyed doing something with my horse other than soaking her hooves.

Her hooves look fantastic, by the way, and one of these days I'll post some photos of just how great they look. When I'm out at the barn, I can't help but stare at her beautiful hooves. If nothing else is going right these days, her hooves can at least make me happy.

I was hoping to go to a show this coming Saturday, but I haven't been able to ride her nearly enough for something like that. It wouldn't be fair to drag her out of the pasture and ride her around all day. Since the riding hasn't been going as planned, she's also without a current coggins and my new truck is without a gooseneck hitch. All problems when you're thinking about taking your horse to a show.

It's looking like I'll have to wait until May to venture out to our first show, but at least by then I should have all my ducks in a row and we'll be ready to kick off a hopefully successful show season.

Looking gorgeous as always.

3 comments:

  1. The best thing is there is always another show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too forward means she's feeling really good, yay! Can't wait to see those gorgeous feet of hers again ;)

    ReplyDelete