Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Impromptu Trip!

I recently took an unexpected trip up to Michigan to spend some time with my family. I haven't been home during the summer for a couple years, and I always enjoy it. I had to share my time there with about a million mosquitoes, but we all made the best of it.

Rylee went with me and had a great time on my parent's 10 acre property. She was so good on the 13 hour trip up, I couldn't believe it. She complained like crazy for the first couple hours, and then she finally gave up and went to sleep.

Sleepy puppy!
She did great in my parent's house, listened when we were outside, played nice with the neighbor dog, and she really made me proud! She seemed to enjoy being a farm dog and definitely made the most of her time in Michigan. I'm pretty sure she can't wait to go back!

Riding in the Gator!
Of course I spent some time with AJ, who is doing fantastic, especially since he's a cranky old man. Every year, the vet pulls a few teeth, but his weight still looks great, and he really only ages in his face. He's such a sweet boy... I sure do miss him!

Mandatory selfie...
I didn't get to ride this time, but he didn't seem to mind. My dad and I did some work on his hooves, I spent some time grooming him and making him look extra handsome, and he got a lot of kisses on his sweet nose.

Still so handsome!
All in all, a great time and I'm glad I was able to go, and I'm glad I took Rylee. I think it was from being in a strange new place with strange new people, (or the 26 hours we spent in the truck together) but she and I bonded on our trip. Love her, and love my boy!

2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, I was actually thinking of AJ today. Our Reggie is having a birthday soon, and when I was looking at him I thought "I wonder how AJ's doing". Isn't that weird? I was just thinking of him, and here's your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how that works sometimes! :) AJ's birthday is coming up too... don't you just love the old souls?

      Delete