Tuesday, September 22, 2015

September JCHSS Show

I'm getting a little burned out, and I had to really force myself to go to this show. I'm stressed about some non-horsey thing, stressed about some horsey things (hello, muzzle), tired of the hot weather and bugs, worried about my horse's hooves even in her hoof boots... so I had to drag myself out of bed on Saturday.

I'm also tired of some of the stuff I keep seeing at the shows, and it's SO frustrating. I don't want to get into the drama here, but it's typical horse show stuff. I usually try to ignore it, but it affected me slightly on Saturday and greatly impacted a friend of mine. Consistency would be nice, and that's all I want to say about it.

There would normally be two more shows left, but November's show was cancelled, so that just leaves the show on October 31st. Normally I would be sad to see the season end, but I think I'm looking forward to it. There's a lot I hope will happen between the end of this season and the start of the next one.

Because I was feeling blah and wasn't sure how Lilly would be feeling, I only entered her in classes that would give us points for the two divisions we're going for; stock and adult. Not being so busy gave me some time to wander around and be a little more social than normal, so that was nice for a change.

Halter was up first, and we placed 5th out of 5 in the stock type class, which is expected. I just do it for the points, and I think that gets me one point in the stock division.

Showmanship adult was up next and there were only three of us showing. I thought Lilly had a great pattern, but we got second place, which gets me no PAC points, but a good number of points in the adult division because that class counts for double points. Here's the pattern:

Showmanship
For English, we did a walk/trot stock type class and a GAYP adult class. The turnout wasn't great, so the classes were pretty small. I forget exactly how many horses were in the stock type class (at least eight) and we placed 7th. It was a class I felt we did really well in, and I expected to hear my number second or third. I was obviously disappointed. We won the adult class, but there were only three of us in there.

After the English classes, I went over to do my trail pattern. It was posted online that we had to "lasso" a barrel, which I found strange, but wanted to see someone else do it before I made an attempt. While I was watching others go, I heard the judge say that the lasso was only for the working western class and it was a mistake. I was happy to hear that! Below is the pattern, just pretend the lasso part isn't in there.

Trail
Lilly did really well. She didn't want to sidepass over to the gate post so I could latch the gate, but we got there eventually. Otherwise, I felt the class went really well. We ended up with first place... out of two.

For western, I had the same plan as I did for English. I only did the stock type and adult classes. We placed fourth out of 4 in stock, and third out of 4 in adult (I think there were four). Lilly was AWESOME in her western classes, and probably gave me her best ride ever in the stock type class. It was incredible.

Here's a recap of our placings for the day:
Halter Stock Type = 5th out of 5
Showmanship Adult = 2nd out of 3
English Walk/Trot Stock Type = 7th out of 9
English GAYP Adult = 1st out of 3 (1 PAC Point)
Trail Adult = 1st out of 5 (1 PAC Point)
Western Walk/Jog Stock Type = 4th out of 4
Western GAYP Adult = 3rd out of 4

Ribbons!
All our winnings in the adult classes earned us enough points for reserve champion. They had pretty neck ribbons this time, and I think Lilly looks gorgeous in hers.

Pretty girl!

3 comments:

  1. All those delicious dapples combined with that pretty face and that gorgeous ribbon? What's not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roping a dummy steer is a required element for our Ranch Trail classes. Now that I've sort of got the hang of building my loop it's kinda fun! I have a feeling Huck might take some time getting used to me swinging a rope over his head, though. Pretty girl and pretty ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW she looks so pretty in the last pic, you made a good haul of ribbons at least! Hope next season finds yall refreshed.

    ReplyDelete