Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Weekly Ride Recap 2/29

There's not an awful to recap for the week. I made it to the barn on Tuesday to ride, and was very happy with Lilly's performance. I'm still working her for about 30 minutes each time, and we're doing mostly canter exercises, with a lot of circles. She's been making some really good progress with speed and balance, so I started asking her to lower her head a bit and round her back. I'm also trying SUPER hard to remember to sit up and not lean forward when I ask her for the transition and also while we're doing the canter itself.

My Thursday ride was cancelled because the barn was having work done on the driveway and we were all banished. There are pastures up and down both sides of the drive, so with a bunch of equipment sitting in the way, we weren't able to get back to the barn. I opted for music bingo at the local watering hole instead, so I still had a fun evening.

I went back on Sunday to ride and dragged along a friend of mine so I could have a couple videos of Lilly cantering. I wanted to see if she looks as good as she feels, and if I look like I'm actually sitting tall and not leaning forward.



It's been a long time since I posted videos!

5 comments:

  1. Awww, you both look so nice! You know what I love most is how you're kindly asking Lilly to come round and she's responding. There was a reining show this weekend and I kept seeing poor horses just get their faces ripped off, even though their noses were down by their knees! I just didn't understand it. Lilly looks so happy and willing, and you're riding so lightly and nicely. You guys make a great pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jen!! That really means a lot to me!

      Delete