Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweet Lilly

I visited Lilly at the barn today so I could check up on her and let her out to eat some grass. While she munched on grass I washed SMB and bell boots and rolled freshly washed standing wraps. With any luck I'll be using the boots and the wraps will be collecting dust!

I hung the boots outside on the hitching post to drip dry in the sunshine and Lilly came over, I thought, to see what I was doing. I stopped hanging the boots and turned around to face her. She very gently put her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her head and we shared a brief moment together. Then she went on her way, eating more grass.

It felt like she was thanking me for helping her feel better.

I love that mare more than I could ever express with words... I would do anything for her.

6 comments:

  1. Awww sure makes the vet bills and worry worth it huh? They are amazing animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Lilly, you'd better kiss up after all you put your human through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think she'll send me flowers? A box of candy perhaps? Ooh! I know! I've always wanted one of those Edible Arrangement thingies!

    Maybe she'll try really hard at the state fair and win us a trophey!

    Actually, a few more of those sweet "hugs" just might do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that is so sweet. It's funny how those small little moments just reinforce all the hard work, time and money involved in owning horses...so worth it!

    ReplyDelete