I wasn't sure what to expect as far as her hoof was concerned, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. While I did have to cut off the floppy part at the very tip of her toe (would that be sole or laminae?), I thought everything else looked pretty good.
Here's a picture I took after I cleaned it all up:
I worked on the little pocket that I saw in yesterday's picture a bit more today, and while it's still there, it isn't hiding behind the hoof wall anymore. So I think I'm done digging around. Also, when I used my horseshoe nail to root around in there, no more gross blue cheese-y looking stuff came out.
I also checked her other hoof and the areas I was concerned about there look a bit better too. There's a tiny hole in the toe area of that hoof as well, but it was fairly clean inside, so I'm hoping I caught it in time and if I keep her treated, it'll just grow out. The other area I was concerned about is the lateral side of her hoof, actually in the white line. There's some separation there and I dug out some black stuff yesterday. Today it was clean, except for some dirt. So hopefully the soak helped that as well.
I didn't soak her hooves today because I feel like the moisture is part of the problem. So I'm torn between soaking to kill the bacteria and letting her hooves dry out a bit. So I think every other day would be a good plan. Technically they got wet anyway because I scrubbed them with dish soap and sprayed them down with ACV, but I didn't actually soak them. Since it rained a bit last night (AGAIN!) I put her in the stall so she could stand on dry land for the day. Hopefully that'll help. I might have to lock her up more often if we keep getting all this rain.
Also, thank you all so much for your comments yesterday. I was feeling pretty crappy about the whole situation, but I'm feeling better now. I just want my girl happy and healthy!