But I'm not going to go.
If I went, I'd want to show western because that's what I'm trying to shoot for these days, but there are a couple problems with that: 1. We don't have a lope yet, and 2. I still don't have a western show saddle.
I could show english, even though I don't really want to, but I still haven't replaced my field boots from two show seasons ago. They crumbled into pieces, and instead of spending $200 to replace them, I've been sporting my paddock boots with half chaps instead. Not gonna fly at the Paint show.
And if I really don't want to show english, why would I want to spend $500 - $600 on a weekend to show english? I'm also concerned about Lilly's hooves since showing in hoof boots is forbidden for some strange reason.
So I'm not going to go. I let my friends know yesterday and one of the two decided she's also not going that weekend. Bummer.
Fear not, though, dear readers! I have a backup plan in the works! There's a weekend open show at the fairgrounds in August and I'm going to try my hardest to make it up there. I'll be flying home from Michigan on that Friday, but I'm hoping I can book a flight that'll get us home early enough that I can run to the barn, grab my pony, and head up to the fairgrounds for a super fun weekend of camping and showing. I think my friend (the one who isn't going to the Paint show) is considering showing that weekend with me, so I'd still get to hang with fellow Paint people.
At this show, Lilly and I can show in a dilapidated western 'show' saddle, hoof boots, paddock boots and half chaps, and we can zoom around the western pleasure arena and not be laughed off the premises. We can also spend half as much doing it! Sounds pretty epic to me!
|No thanks, I'm good here!|